Layout Slideshow

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"PAWSatively Divine" Blog Party!

Greetings, all!! Long time, no blog for me ... sorry about that. Things are getting a little bit .... hectic.... to say the least! Especially with the holidays creeping up on us :) And, as usual, I'm blogging from work so I'll have to make it brief. So, let's get to it, shall we??


PAWSatively Divine:

This month at DivineDigital.com, we have a fabulous new Mega Charity kit with 100% of the proceeds going to support our furry friends at the ASPCA! A truly worthy cause, and close to my heart as nearly every pet my family has had has been rescued.

My family got Sheri when I was 10 or so. She was a terrier-poodle mutt, and was very badly treated. Her owner was about to throw her and one of her pups into the river when a neighbour stepped in and said they'd take them. They kept the puppy and asked around for an owner for Sheri. She was so dirty and matted, with hair down to the floor. My mom went to get her and Sheri did not move for the entire car ride home. She just curled up on the floor in a ball. When they got home, Sheri ran to me and wouldn't leave my side. That night we gave her a bath and discovered she was actually a white dog. The next day we took her for a haircut and she came back nearly bald, skinny and shaking, but so much happier. We had Sheri for 12 years. It was painfully hard to put her down, but she had cancer in her mammary glands and was suffering terribly. Anyone who thinks dogs don't go to Heaven has obviously never had a dog :)

So, in celebration of Sheri and all our fabulous rescued pets out there, I've made a "PAWSatively Divine" paw-shaped hybrid album. Join me for the next three days and get your paws on some pieces of this fabulous hybrid album! Perfect for a coffee table or coaster book, print onto thick cardstock (or glue onto thin cardboard), laminate or mactack if you wish, and bind with a ringclip or ribbon for a furry friend tribute. There are 3 cat pages, 3 dog pages, and 3 neutral pages.

Click on the preview to get today's piece:



Tomorrow and Thursday, I'll be posting the other two pieces to this hybrid album. So, don't miss out :) And if you have a rescue story, please share :D
TTFN!

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Thank you so much for this adorable album! How lucky your little dog was, that you took her. I haved a few over the years & they all turned out to be wonderful pets.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!! Thanks so much for the first part to this lovely album.
Enjoyed reading your pet story.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

MARVELOUS!!!!!!
TY so very much!!!!!!!!!!

TerriM said...

These BB's are fantastic. I can't wait for the next 2 days, hehe. Thank you. Hugs -- xoxo!! (terri - hawaii)

The Tired Ole Woman said...

Thank you so much!
I totally love it!
You are such a caring and awesome person!